很多外国人对中国文化尤其是中国古代文化感兴趣,但是Tracy和Jack对中国古代文化中妓女部分最感兴趣,又是中国古代名妓。请看他们用英语是如何谈论中国名妓的吧。
Tracy:
Do you know some famous prostitutes in ancient China?
你知道中国古代名妓吗?
Jack:
Sure. Du Shiniang, Li Shishi, Chen Yuanyuan, Liu Rushi, Dong Xiaowan,GuanPanpan, Liang Hongyu.
当然!杜十娘、李师师、陈圆圆、柳如是、董小宛、关盼盼、梁红玉。
Tracy:
I should say you really know much about them.
我想说你对她们确实很有研究。
Jack:
Well, you know, I'm interested in Chinese ancient culture, and the prostitutes is part of it.
呃,你知道,我对中国古代文化很感兴趣,妓女是其中的一个部分。
Tracy:
Interested in Chinese ancient culture? Okay. You know Su Xiaoxiao?
对中国古代文化感兴趣?好吧。你知道苏小小吗?
Jack:
Oh, sure, she's a famous prostitute during the Southern Qi Dynasty。
哦,当然,她是南齐的名妓.
Tracy:
It's said that many literati appreciated her very much, and both Bai Juyi and Li He have wrote poems about her.
据说很多文人都很欣赏她,白居易和李贺都为她写过诗。
Jack:
The beautiful girl, however, often suffered a harsh life.
但红颜通常都薄命。
Tracy:
Yes, she fell in love with Ruan Yu, but Ruan's father intervened and they are forced to go separate ways.
是啊,她与阮郁坠入爱河却遭到阮郁父亲的干涉,被迫分手。
Jack:
And it's a pity that she died when she's only 19-year old.
而且很可惜她在19岁就死了。